And The Golden Age Of The Pharaohs
Dimensions of the box: 26.8 x 40.1 x 5.3 cm
Tutankhamun was an Egyptian Pharaoh of the Eighteenth Dynasty (ruled 1333 BC - 1323 BC), during the period of Egyptian history known as the New Kingdom. His original name, Tutankhaten, means "Living Image of Aten (disc of the Sun)", while Tutankhamun means "Living Image of Amun (a deity)". Tutankhamun's tomb was discovered in Egypt in 1922.
The incredable exhibition, Tutankhamon and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs can be seen at the O2 bubble in North Greenwich peninsula in London (in the period between Nov. 15th, 2007 and Aug. 30th, 2008) - the only European stop the exhibition makes following a record breaking tour around the USA. When the treasures first toured the world, audiences were awe-struck and millions all over the world visited as Tutankhamun became a world sensation.
Over 35 years since they were last here, the treasures of Tutanhamun are back ... and what better way to commemorate this visit than with this limited edition game of this Monopoly!
There are many treasures on the board - gleaming gold, magic amulets, and all sorts of articles of ancient Egyptian life. From the elaborate gold crown that was found on Tutanhamun's head and the iconic coffinette, to musical instruments, weapons and even a board game!
Travel round the artefacts, buying those that you can and, building civilisations upon them as you create your own legacy!
With shrines, pyramids and golden playing pieces this limited edition Monopoly game is truly a little piece of King Tut's world that you can take home!
- The surface of not only the game board but of the box as well has been given an "ancient appearance" by goldy brown stains.
- As the summing up shows the "station spaces" are transport means of the Pharaohs era. But what a contradiction to apply the modern corner designs as they are: a rascal behind prison bars, the red car with white wheels on the Free Parking space and the whistling policeman with blue cap! Such a thing should not happen but apparently it was indispensable to protect Hasbro's rights on this Monopoly edition.
- The bars on top the properties have the usual colors but filled up with a pattern of stacked stones.
- How pitty it is Winning Moves did not spent a bit more attention to this very special edition, otherwhise they would have made special tokens instead of applying just the regular, modern ones like the plane, a car and so on.
- However, instead of houses and hotels one can now build shrines and pyramids on the properties.
- The Community Chest spaces show a pharaoh treasure chest on legs, while Chance spaces show the upper part of a crook. The corresponding spaces for the card stacks both show a picture of the O2 bubble.
- See what Mr. Monopoly, coming out the middle O of Monoply, holds in his hand!
© Winning Moves UK
Year: 2007 - Code: 009515 (Barcode)
Model River Boat
Ivory Cosmetic Dish
Canopic Chest of Tjuya
Chair of Princess Sitamun
Royal Crook and Flail
Ankh Shaped Mirror Case
Broad Collar and Counterweight
Coffin of Tjuya
Coffinette of Tutankhamun
Community Chest / Chance